Washington DC has one of the most competitive housing markets in the country. Here are 30 reasons why it’s a good idea to invest in a home in the US capital.
- Washington DC is one of the best metro areas to live in the country.
It was #4 on S. News‘ latest “Best Places to Live” ranking.
- There are plenty of neighborhoods to choose from.
One of the beauties of DC is that it’s home to a wide variety of neighborhoods. Here are some of them.
- First-time homebuyers don’t need to make a big down payment.
Can’t make a 20 percent down payment?First-time home buyers in Washington DC have access to plenty of programs and incentives.
- Housing options are abundant.
Whether you’re looking for a chic and centrally located condo or a handsome single-family brick home, Washington DC real estate has got you covered.
- Speaking of condos, there are plenty in DC.
Condos are a popular and solid real estate investment in the US capital, especially for single young professionals.
- Endless academic pursuits.
Aside from being the seat of government, Washington DC is a paradise for those who love to learn.
- This is one of the most culturally diverse communities in the country.
Living in DC is almost as good as going on a trip around the world.
- Brush shoulders with the country’s leaders.
In DC, there’s a chance you’ll get to be neighbors with some of the most influential people in the country.
- Washington DC is a treasure chest of career opportunities.
Whether you aspire to work for the government, a non-profit organization, or a corporate giant, DC offers a wide range of career opportunities.
- Outdoor recreation opportunities are a short drive away.
If you want to get out of the city, a bevy of outdoor recreation opportunities are just a short drive away.
- More businesses are setting up in Washington DC.
Plenty of companies from all over the globe are making their way to establish branches in DC.
- Property values are solid.
The constant demand for homes in DC contributes to the continuously upward trend in real estate values in the district.
- Mortgages in Washington DC have low to average risk.
Although home prices in DC are high, the cost is still aligned with the population’s average income.
- Washington DC is centrally located.
DC can be your jump-off point. From hereyou can drive to New York, Baltimore, Annapolis, or to the beach and the mountains.
- Enjoy the mild Mid-Atlantic weather.
DC residents get to make the most out of the Mid-Atlantic weather. The region also experiences less natural disasters than the rest of the country.
- The suburbs offer morereal estate options.
The suburbs are a great option especially if you still want to live close to the capital.
- Get around via the Metro.
DC’s public transportation is reliable and significantly cuts travel times.
- A better environment for work/life balance.
DC residents note that it’s easy to achieve work/life balance in the city, as there is an abundance of avenues for both work and play.
- Ride the thrill of the sports culture.
Sports is pretty big in Washington DC, and its sports teams always incite a lot of pride and love.
- There are three airports located nearby.
If you’re traveling, you have three airports to choose from. That means more flight and price options.
- Sample food from all over the world.
DC’s diverse population brings one major perk: there is a wide variety of ethnic eateries scattered across the city. Yum!
- Free cultural events all year round.
Your social calendar is guaranteed to be full, what will all the free events in the city.
- Public parks are everywhere.
If you’re looking for some peace of mind, retreat to any of the public parks located across the city.
- Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, Mount Vernon Square, Kalorama, and Georgetown have great investment potential.
These are some of the neighborhoods with high gross rental yields.
- Neighborhoods have a real sense of community.
In DC, residents often gather at block parties, coffee shops, and parks.
- Washington DC has a low unemployment rate.
Thanks to a robust economy and stable job market, DC only has an unemployment rate of 3.9 percent.
- The nightlife scene is varied and exciting.
The DC metro area is home to a bubbling concoction of bars and nightlife venues that cater to different tastes.
- Children have excellent schooling opportunities.
The DC-Maryland-Virginia area is home to top-performing public school districts and private schools.
- Washington DC has a thriving cycling culture.
If you love taking your bike to work or anywhere else, you’ll find a welcoming community in the capital.
- Residents love living in Washington DC…
And they wouldn’t have it any other way.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch with Appleton Properties today at 301-652-2707 or 202-888-4846 to learn more about Washington DC real estate investment opportunities.